logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House numbers supported?

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Sun Dec 20 04:34:30 GMT 2009

Bonjour Marko,

Le vendredi 18 décembre 2009 à 19:58:50, vous écriviez :

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 07:11:41PM +1100, Hendrik Oesterlin wrote:
>> I tried to put some house numbers in OSM in order to be searchable on
>> my Garmin device.
>>
>> See
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-22.275439&lon=166.45965&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
>> and
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-22.15022&lon=166.48473&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
>> for the two test locations.
>>
>> I was unable to find this house numbers on my Nüvi755. (using the
>> 20091216_gmapsupp.zip available at my site
>> http://www.oesterlin.ile.nc/gps/ )
>>
>> Is this feature supported by mkgmap?

> As far as I can tell, it is not yet supported.

It should be possible to convert the OSM nodes containing the

addr:housenumber
addr:street
addr:postcode
addr:city
addr:country

tags  to  an  POI  using  as  name  something like
"housenumber  street  postcode  city  country"  and  building=yes  (or
something similar)?

Has someone already written an appropriate line to put in the "points"
file of the styles folder?

Or  has  someone  written  an  regular  expression  code regrouping the
different  addr:*  tags  in  an  name=*  tag  before  the  OSM data is
converted by mkgmap ?

--
Cordialement,
 Hendrik                            Courriel : hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de