logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with multiple maps in one gmapsupp.img

From Simon Eugster livin.shadow at gmail.com on Sat Dec 12 12:49:06 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

So ... I, well.
http://granjow.net/projects.html#garmin
Updated script. Now changes the file contents too.

This did not have any effect; in fact, it made things even worse. Whole
Switzerland was a big hole. I had to go outside just for making sure that
the street was still there.

Then I downloaded the extract from CloudMade -- I have previously been
using the one from Geofabrik. And it WORKS! (At least the places I zoomed
in to).

There is a file size difference in the CloudMade and the Geofabrik file (66
MB vs 55 MB). Also is CloudMade from December 2nd (like the other files I'm
using, except for Austria and Liechtenstein afair) and Geofabrik fom Dec 12th.
The Geofabrik extract alone worked perfectly by the way.

Might this be a problem? Using extracts with different date? This would be
strange imho.

Simon