logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] boundary=administrative and language selection

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Dec 10 21:46:24 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:19:32PM +0100, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> I've been using 18 for motorway exits for a long time and I find it much
> more convenient than current value in default style.

Now it is 20.

> I would also increase resolution for boundary=administrative with
> something like:
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<3 [0x1c resolution 18]
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<5 [0x1c resolution 19]
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<7 [0x1c resolution 20]
> boundary=administrative & admin_level<9 [0x1c resolution 21]
> (not tested though)

I added a fallback for boundary=administrative without admin_level
(or when admin_level>=9), at resolution 22.  I also added a name based
on a patch that Toby Speight posted a long time ago.  I could not test
it yet, but I added left:city, right:city, left:city:*, right:city:*
to the borders of my home city, for * in fi and sv.

That reminds me, some day I have to check if there is a suitable
mkgmap selection option for overriding left:city and friends with,
say, *:sv, to generate a Swedish-language map of Finland.  I suspect
that there is not.  Other fields could make use of a language suffix too,
e.g., addr:street:fi, addr:street:sv, addr:city:fi, addr:city:sv.
Are there any Belgian or Swiss users listening?

With the resolution changes, the wider zoom levels look a bit sparse
(even sparser than the base map), but I did not play with the detail
level settings on the GPS receiver yet.

Best regards,

	Marko