logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Marko is maintaining the mkgmap default style file

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Wed Dec 9 22:19:32 GMT 2009

Felix Hartmann escribió:
> On 07.12.2009 08:37, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 07:17:50AM +0000, svn commit wrote:
>>

>>> Version 1418 was commited by marko on 2009-12-07 07:17:50 +0000 (Mon, 07 Dec 2009)
>>>
>>> Bus and rail stops with a lit shelter.
>>>

>> This is my first direct commit to the mkgmap source repository.
>> Steve returned from vacation and granted me commit access to the
>> mkgmap svn repository.
>>
>> I will try to be somewhat conservative with changes to the default style.
>> I think that the default style should work with all devices and without
>> a TYP file.  Later on, if we include TYP files in mkgmap styles, we could
>> come up with a little fancier style.  Even there, I would not use tricks
>> that can considerably slow down the map display, such as duplicating
>> ways to multiple layers for additional line styles.
>>

> -- only information that is shown slows down the display. So duplicating
> without style-file will slow down the display speed.
> However the default style is anyhow really overloaded. The first thing
> to do is to put highway exits up to 18 or 19. Then I would look to
> increase some other road types by 1-3.

I've been using 18 for motorway exits for a long time and I find it much
more convenient than current value in default style.
I would also increase resolution for boundary=administrative with
something like:
boundary=administrative & admin_level<3 [0x1c resolution 18]
boundary=administrative & admin_level<5 [0x1c resolution 19]
boundary=administrative & admin_level<7 [0x1c resolution 20]
boundary=administrative & admin_level<9 [0x1c resolution 21]
(not tested though)