logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestions

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Dec 9 12:40:30 GMT 2009

Quoting Peter & Suzie <pslowater at gmail.com>:

> 2. This may be able to be done already but I could not see how,
> currently I use my own style files to create the output I desire but
> every time a new feature is added the the default ones I need to get
> that and add to all my style sets or reapply my changes to the default
> ones.
> It would be good to have the ability to create a set of overide style
> files that only contain things that are to be changed from the default
> style you are using and some type of marker so some default ones can
> be deleted.

It's been suggested before that the style files have some sort of
#include directive.

As an example.  We have a style called 'pedestrian'.  The style rules
file ./pedestrian/points would have a line at the top that said:

#include ../default/points

This would mean that the file ./pedestrian/points would include all
the default points style rules.

Below the #include directive in the ./pedestrian/points file would be:
a) additional style rules not present in ../default/points
b) over-rides (i.e. style rules that match the same OSM objects as
../default/points, but do something different)

This would mean you could keep your own styles fully up to date with
changes to the default style, and save you re-writing lots of rules
that you don't want to change from the default.

--
Charlie