logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [POI Categories Mismatch]

From Stéphane ALLEMANDI s.allemandi at soneva-sbh.com on Wed Dec 9 06:21:14 GMT 2009

Hi,
Once again I need your help...
I get some categorie mismatches between an OSM map and the result in Garmin.
For example, I define a point as a tourist office in JOSM and it appears
as public toilets in the Garmin map.
The tourist office doesn't appear in the POI Menu of the Garmin, only on
the map.

I've read on http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/ about correspondance
trouble with the POI IDs :

- From the mkgmap source file resources/styles/default/points :
	amenity=toilets & tourism=information [0x2f0c resolution 20]
	tourism=information [0x2f0c resolution 20]

- On http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types :
	I didn't find anything about a tourist office...

Is there a way to resolve it?

My second question is "Is it still impossible to display the sea?"
I'm living on an island, and I just can't see the  blue coast
line anymore !!
;o)

Thx

Steph.