logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] openstreetmap not accepted by Garmin eTrex Venture Cx

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sun Dec 6 23:33:35 GMT 2009

On Dec 7, 2009, at 0:10, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

> Ah, sorry, I thought that this was commonly known. It was taken from
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.de/aio/germany/gmapsupp.img.bz2

OK, this is the "All in one" map. If I recall correctly this map uses a TYP file to display OSM items which cannot be displayed on a regular Garmin map.

Have you tried some of the other maps, to see if they work on your unit? For example, Lambertus's maps at http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php seem quite popular.

> and there's a discussion on
>
> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=4200

I trust that you did check, as the last comment in the discussion suggests, that you properly de-compressed the .bz2 file? ;-)

Cheers.