logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] openstreetmap not accepted by Garmin eTrex Venture Cx

From Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de on Sun Dec 6 22:21:05 GMT 2009

Hi,

just a newbie question:

I have an older Garmin eTrex Venture Cx with older Garmin City Maps.

Now I tried to fill the device with openstreetmaps and downloaded the
daily build of the german map, uncompressed it and copied to the Garmin
directory of a fresh 2GB flash card and put it into the device. Doesn't
work.

When turning the device on, at the bottom of the welcome screen a
progress bar appears, goes up to 33%, then the device goes into the
normal mode, but without providing the openstreetmap or listing it in
the selection screen. After upgrading the firmware from 2.80 to 3.40,
the only difference is that the progress bar now reaches the 67%.

As far as I know, the daily build is made with mkgmap. Is that a known
problem?

regards
Hadmut