logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possibility to not put certain lines into resolution=24, but e.g. only 18 and 20?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Dec 2 20:45:37 GMT 2009

On 02.12.2009 21:00, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> On 02.12.2009 20:46, Johann Gail wrote:
>>

>> Felix Hartmann schrieb:
>>> I think that neither Garmin nor cgpsmapper compiler do this, but
>>> would there be a possibility to start some lines only in resolution
>>> 20, while the rest of the map is starting at 24?
>>>
>> I have just looked at the source. Guess what, it is already in there!
>>
>> The syntax should be
>>
>> [0x01 resolution Max-Min]
>> e.g.
>> [0x01 resolution 24-21]
>> [0x01 resolution 20-16]
>>

>> I have not tested this, just read this from the source.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Johann
> Okay, so however this would mean on can only use one type per "line" -
> or can I put
> highway=* [0x01 resolution 24-21] [0x02 resolution 20-16]
> ???
>
> -- Regarding why would I like to route with Mapsource?
> 1. Etrex cannot have any route with more than ~ 100 direction changes
> without via poing -  without running out of memory on route
> calculation. Mapsource currently does about twice to three times the
> distance, and much easier to check whether route is working well or not.
> Why no online service? There simply is no online router that is easily
> configurable to take 500 tags into account when routing, with mkgmap
> this is doable!!!
> So for mtb/cycle autorouting, the dreaded Mapsource is currently the
> best tool (for long distances gpsmapedit routes much better, but no
> possibility to export the routes (which are of great quality), I
> contacted Konstantin and asked him whether he could implement to save
> routes as tracks with all via points, or something similar (then one
> could use WinGdB to make a perfect route for GPS/Mapsource out of the
> track) but he has not implemented it (yet).
My main use for this is based on routes, so at least for relations I
just thought about (well know it will work) a way that it will work.

I will simply put into relations file lines like route=bicycle {add
multilevel=1; add route=bicycle....}
then in my lines file I can simply use the newly created key
"multilevel=1" to use a different layout. So currently creating a
multilevel map, will work fine for all lines that are originally
relations. This should cover 95% of what I want to achieve.