logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possibility to not put certain lines into resolution=24, but e.g. only 18 and 20?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Dec 2 20:00:21 GMT 2009

On 02.12.2009 20:46, Johann Gail wrote:

> Felix Hartmann schrieb:
>> I think that neither Garmin nor cgpsmapper compiler do this, but
>> would there be a possibility to start some lines only in resolution
>> 20, while the rest of the map is starting at 24?
>>
> I have just looked at the source. Guess what, it is already in there!
>
> The syntax should be
>
> [0x01 resolution Max-Min]
> e.g.
> [0x01 resolution 24-21]
> [0x01 resolution 20-16]
>

> I have not tested this, just read this from the source.
>
> Regards,
> Johann
Okay, so however this would mean on can only use one type per "line" -
or can I put
highway=* [0x01 resolution 24-21] [0x02 resolution 20-16]
???

-- Regarding why would I like to route with Mapsource?
1. Etrex cannot have any route with more than ~ 100 direction changes
without via poing -  without running out of memory on route calculation.
Mapsource currently does about twice to three times the distance, and
much easier to check whether route is working well or not.
Why no online service? There simply is no online router that is easily
configurable to take 500 tags into account when routing, with mkgmap
this is doable!!!
So for mtb/cycle autorouting, the dreaded Mapsource is currently the
best tool (for long distances gpsmapedit routes much better, but no
possibility to export the routes (which are of great quality), I
contacted Konstantin and asked him whether he could implement to save
routes as tracks with all via points, or something similar (then one
could use WinGdB to make a perfect route for GPS/Mapsource out of the
track) but he has not implemented it (yet).