logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] View .img files on a Mac -- Create .tdb from .img

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Wed Dec 2 08:42:09 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 00:46:04 Adrian wrote:

> tiles, and again the process worked. I downloaded a multi-tile
> gmapsupp.img from www.raumbezug.eu and (after processing) RoadTrip
> showed me a blank overview map covering only part of the area in
> question, and no detailed map. The same happened with a multi-tile .img
> from fredericbonifas.free.fr. There may be more than one problem here,
> but I noticed that the .tdb files created by Mkgmap only contained a
> reference to the last tile.

You can:
- take a multi-tile gmapsupp.img
- split it into tiles with wgmaptool
- write a template.args file for mkgmap with all the *.img in it and use any
family-ID you like
- create a matching TDB and overview map with mkgmap

The overview map will only contain the tiles' boundaries but at least for
Mapsource this is enough.