logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource Recalculation Tries

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Dec 1 12:49:39 GMT 2009

On 30.11.2009 13:59, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Currently with mkgmap created maps (just like most other maps)
> Mapsource tries 3x to find a route when using the autorouting tool. I
> have noticed that using Netherlands Onroute Fietskaart Mapsource tries
> much harder to find a route - sometimes it restarts 15 times until it
> has found a route. It would be great if we could have the same behaviour.
>
> I don't know at all where a parameter for rerouting tries is placed
> inside the maps, but just if someone finds something, this would be
> interesting to improve routing (on each successive try, Mapsource
> lowers a bit its rigorosity of the route quality, but better a route
> than no route).
Actually I think there is no parameter here. I have fiddled a bit with
my styles and now I also get maps that try sometimes 15 times to
recalculate until a route is found. I now more or less get routes with
up to 140 direction changes without problems. I even had some routes
were Mapsource put 229 direction changes without a via-point - it needed
about 2 minutes to calculate however. The patch I supplied for Mapsource
should do the same.