logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mdr address index with gmapsupp and macroadtrip installers

From Clifford Nolan clifford.nolan at ul.ie on Mon Nov 30 22:24:25 GMT 2009

I might have stumbled onto part of the problem with the Ireland map for
addresses.   When I ran mkgmap with --location-autofill=3 I got the
following debug info:

Locator City   Map contains 5 entries
Locator Places Map contains 8717 entries
Locator City   Map contains 6 entries after resolver run 1 Still
unresolved 8716
Locator City   Map contains 8722 entries after resolver run 2 Still
unresolved 0

Most of the "cities" in Ireland are tagged as villages or hamlets, etc
and we do not have postcodes outside Dublin city.

If this is a problem, could the --location-autofill be switched to look
for villages and hamlets too to help fill in the addresses?

Cliff