logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Don't let action rule execute its actions if its type isn't going to be used

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Nov 29 23:15:56 GMT 2009

Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2009, at 23:24, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>

>> This is the greatest feature we have since routing was introduced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

> Um, I've been having some difficulty following this discussion. Would someone be so kind as to explain (perhaps with a small example) the conditions under which this patch would be useful? I'd be most interested in trying this out, if only I could understand it. ;-)

highway=* & cycleway=opposite { set oneway=-1 }    [0x01 road_class=0
road_speed=0 resolution 24 continue]

This example would allow you to put an opposite cycleway with your
choice of speed. The current --make-opposite-cyclways however uses the
same speed/road_class as the road it is on. I as a cyclist would like to
avoid, but not block going against the usual flow of traffic. with the
above only in case nothing else more or less is possible I would be
routed against traffic direction.

There can be plenty other things you could use this for (also for
example setting different road_class / road_speed for one type of street
depending on mode of travel by setting different restrictions).

Note however that it only works 100% well, if you route over the oneway
(or whatever you choose to change) street, not if you have a route
ending there or starting there. That is a limitation on Garmins side
however.

You could also say, I as a cyclist don't respect oneway at all, so lets put

oneway=yes | oneway=-1 {set oneway=no } [0x01 road_class=0 road_speed=0
resolution 24 continue] - so usually you should not be routed against
oneway direction, if there is a significant shortcut you will however.