logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Simplifying ways & rounding

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sun Nov 29 00:03:24 GMT 2009

> Hi Johann,
>
> Been trying your patch and it works well. Certainly doesn't seem to
> break the routing. However, it doesn't always merge ways that, as far
> as I can tell, should be merged. I have studied your code so I know how
> you're doing the matching. One thought, would rounding the coords
> before merging help? If it isn't that, something else must be not quite
> right.

Yes, I have been trying for myself the last hour and detected too, that
some lines should be connected, but aren't. I had not found out the
error for now. But I've seen line endings not matching exactly. Don't
now if it had to do something with the rounding.

I don't think, that rounding before merging will help, but will have a
look at it. I need to prepare some test cases.

Regards,
Johann