logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Simplifying ways

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Nov 28 22:14:54 GMT 2009

Hi Felix,

> No Johanns (v8) patch actually improves long distance routing (2-3
> additional turns), while the remove bogus roads makes long distance
> routing worse for me (3-4 turns less). Sorry for the wrong text.

OK, thanks for clarifying that. My comments in the last message can
therefore be totally ignored. Mind you, I still don't understand how
the simplify way patch can work correctly. Perhaps it's time I
actually tried it out.

> I have no clue why the remove bogus nodes makes routing worse. v3 actually is
> great insofar as it allows several routable roads with different speed,
> but so far I have not been able to make such ways opposing oneways - but
> they are different speed. Currently playing around to find out how I can
> trick it into two opposing oneways (while the oneway is "artificial" in
> both directions in so far that I use incomplete rules to set it up).

The change that v3 introduced could be retro-fitted to trunk as it's
essentially independent of the bogus node removal.

Cheers,

Mark