logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1409: Add support for generating multiple map objects from a single OSM object.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sat Nov 28 21:49:27 GMT 2009

Charlie wrote:
> Clinton Gladstone wrote:

>>> Sounds very cool. Can you give a full example how to use the continue and stop commands, please?
>>> Is it something like this or am I wrong?
>>>

>> Here is an example:
>>
>> tunnel=* [0x12 resolution 20 continue]
>>
>> This would create a second line which you could use (with an appropriate typ file) to create a special overlay for all lines which have the tunnel tag defined. (This is theoretically a bad example, because lines with the tag tunnel=no would also be included, but this gives you an idea of how the feature should work).
>>

> Just to clarify: this doesn't create a second line does it?  I thought
> it just allows separate rules to match the same OSM object?  Or have I
> misunderstood?  I thought it was the overlays style file that creates
> copies of an OSM way so that you can apply different TYP styles to a
> single OSM object.

It allows a rule to match again the same object. So you can create
several lines from one way based on different keys.

So instead of having:
highway=way & brides=yes [0x123}
 - - - with 0x123 specifying several types

you could use use
bridge=yes [0x10a00 resolution 22 continue]
highway=way [0x01 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 20]

This has the advantage of not needing to use bridge=yes for any
combination in which it could be used. Note, currently ways using
continue should not be routable - otherwise you it gets really complicated.

Also you cannot use
bridge=yes [0x01 continue]
bridge=yes [0x02 road_class 0 road_speed=0]
-- the check for tags needs to be different, otherwise the second gets
dropped even though continue flag was used.