logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --index crashes on an otherwise successfully rendered image

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Nov 28 16:21:10 GMT 2009

On Nov 27, 2009, at 11:09, Lambertus wrote:

> Mkgmap sometimes crashes with when trying to build a gmapsupp including
> index using an existing (prerenderd) image.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:
> 32803, Size: 488
>         at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:349)
>         at
> uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.lbl.LBLFileReader.readPoiInfo(LBLFileReader.java:354)

I played around with this for a while, but could not find anything definite. I did find that the first POI which caused the problem was the following:

P+R DOKTOR HOOLBOOMWEG

(There were others which followed, which also caused this error.)

It looked to me like the city value for the POI was incorrectly coded when the img file was originally generated.

The best I can offer you as a temporary would be a few lines of code which would catch the error and not generate the city information. This would allow the map to compile, but the map would be potentially broken.

Cheers.