logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Ghost road]

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Sat Nov 28 08:34:58 GMT 2009

Stéphane ALLEMANDI wrote:
> Mark Burton a écrit :
>
>> Hi Steph,
>>

>>> Thx for your reply Mark,
>>> The road doesn't appear in the .osm file, only in the .img. So I don't
>>> have everything more on it.
>>>

>> Yes, you do, tell us where it is. What are the OSM coodinates
>>

>>> Here are my command line :
>>> java -jar .\mkgmap\mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp --route .\map\mapTravail.osm
>>>

>> OK, thanks.
>>

>>> Did I miss something?
>>>

>> Don't know yet.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mark
>>

> Hi Mark,
>
> I've found what was going wrong.
> If it can help somenone...
> It was in the osm map, just a bug with JOSM, not with mkgmap :
> I think that the road has been created then deleted. So it doesn't
> apperar on JOSM but there still was some lines in the osm file :
>
> <way id='24552915' action='delete' timestamp='2008-05-26T14:10:17Z'
> user='encleadus' visible='true' version='1'>
>     <nd ref='266966666' />
>     <nd ref='266967026' />
>     <tag k='highway' v='residential' />
>   </way>
>
> That was all...
>
> As I am a beginner with mkgmap, do you confirm that my command line is
> correct :
> java -jar .\mkgmap\mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp --route .\map\mapTravail.osm
>
> Thanks for your reactivity and your patience.
> ++

Velentijn Sessink mentioned this problem in a post on 21 July 09, but I
think his solution will not help you because his patch was for the
splitter, not mkgmap. If this is valid syntax, then I think mkgmap
should not process the road.

Your command-line is correct for test maps, but as you get things
working you should start using other options so your maps have unique
names and numbers. Observe the command lines used by others on this list
when they post about problems, and read the documentation. This is just
one example of a script file I used for a map I made.

#!/bin/sh

if [ "$1" != "" ]; then
    java -ea -jar ./mkgmap-1285/mkgmap.jar --mapname=55470011
--description=SouthAfrica --country-name=SouthAfrica --index
--country-abbr=SA --family-id=5547 --family-name=SAfr
--description=SA_RM --overview-mapname=55470010 --remove-short-arcs=5
--tdbfile --route "$1"
else
    echo "Usage"
    echo "./buildsa.sh filename"