logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter produces invalid xml

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Fri Nov 27 17:34:20 GMT 2009

Hello list,

I found a bug in splitter, but don't know how to fix it.

The problem is the following:

There is a way, that is member of a relation and has special characters in its role-tag.
Look here:

The role tag in the osm-data, which I get from the Api is:

role='<->'

Ok, now I use the splitter and just try to split this file.

The role-tag changes:

role='<->'
and so it's just invalid xml and mkgmap dies with a bad-file-format error.

Can anybody explain the problem here with splitter? Why does it change the escaped characters and unescapes them?

I use the latest splitter version from svn.

Thanks
Christoph