logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --index crashes on an otherwise successfully rendered image

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Fri Nov 27 10:09:27 GMT 2009

Mkgmap sometimes crashes with when trying to build a gmapsupp including
index using an existing (prerenderd) image.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index:
32803, Size: 488
         at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
         at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.lbl.LBLFileReader.readPoiInfo(LBLFileReader.java:354)
         at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.lbl.LBLFileReader.<init>(LBLFileReader.java:71)
         at
uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.app.map.MapReader.<init>(MapReader.java:80)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.MdrBuilder.onMapEnd(MdrBuilder.java:108)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.endOptions(Main.java:369)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader.readArgs(CommandArgsReader.java:124)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.main(Main.java:122)
         zip warning: name not matched: gmapsupp.img

This happens when trying to make a gmapsupp with the following Garmin
image:
http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/18-11-2009/63240210.img

It's reproducible with at least r1404 and r1387:

java -Xmx2048M -jar mkgmap.jar --index --overview-mapname=63240000
--series-name='OSM World Routable' --latin1 --description='OSM World
Routable' --product-id=3 --family-id=2000 --tdbfile --nsis --gmapsupp
*324*.img

If you remove the --index from the command then the
IndexOutOfBoundsException exception does not occur.

I don't know the Mkgmap verion used to render the source image, but it's
pretty recent. If this version is needed then I'll look it up this evening.

I hope someone can have a look at this. Thanks in advance.