logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] weird: file missing when # of files > 10?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Nov 26 23:27:48 GMT 2009

Hi Valentijn,

> Now I'm stumped. Would anyone know what's going on here? I thought of a
> race condition and removed the --max-jobs option, but that makes no
> difference.

I think you're right.

It's a race between the stuff in CommandArgsReader that updates
mapname and the map making code in Main, etc. I believe the fundamental
problem is that the value of the mapname option gets read in the work
thread which is asynchronous to the command args processing stuff that
is updating the value of mapname (and other stuff probably). This will
happen even if when only a single thread is in use (it's still
asynchronous).

Nasty, I will work on a fix - stay tuned.

Cheers,

Mark