logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map end user documentation?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Nov 26 10:45:40 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:00:05AM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> I was thinking that these */+/- codes can be cryptic for map users.  Is
> there already some map user documentation for mkgmap-generated maps?  Where
> should it live?  In the OSM wiki or on the mkgmap server?  The master copy
> could live in the mkgmap source repository (so that it would be updated
> in sync with the default style), but I think that it would be good to have
> a browseable copy somewhere else.

I translated http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/ into English and German.
Any suggestions for improvement are welcome, as are and any translations
for minority languages spoken in Finland: se, sv, et, ru at least.

I also composed a table of some slightly funny POI menu positions.
Funnily, the German menu for amenity=recycling says Versorgung, the
opposite of Entsorgung (disposal).

Best regards,

	Marko