logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions in foot mode

From Sven Sommerkamp s_sommerkamp at gmx.de on Wed Nov 25 09:51:59 GMT 2009

Am Samstag, 31. Oktober 2009 10:54:17 schrieb Felix Hartmann:
> Chris-Hein Lunkhusen wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tested some turn restrictions in Mapsource and found that they
> > are used in all modes (car/bicycle/foot).
> >
> > Is there an option to disable them for foot ?
> >
> > In Germany the traffic signs for T.R. are only valid for vehicles.
I think in other Countryś it would also.

> > Chris
>
> Probably not easily. I think the only way would be to workaround like
> for bicyclerouting, by creating ADDITONAL ways with different
> restrictions on top. However for proper foot routing, just like for
> proper bicyclerouting you would need to create maps dedicated only to
> pedestrians autorouting using car/motorcycle mode instead of foot.
> Additional ways with different restrictions road_speed, road_class and
> oneway direction would be great anyhow (but not yet possible).
I think it is a funktionality we must work on.
There are many needs to work not with not addionsl wayś if it is possible.
One Reason ist that Navigationsystem are better performing with less Wayś and
less Nodes.

And for the Handling often it is better to have short and direct Instructions
not too fast following.

That is a thing that is a spezially relying to Cyclistś.

Greeting Sven