logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Restriction relation problems

From Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie on Tue Nov 24 08:52:56 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:18:47AM +0000, Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm having trouble with turn restriction relations, but can't figure out
> > why. I've enabled logging (info-level) and can see some restrictions
> > being created, such as this one:
> > 	http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/36150
> >
> > 	2009/11/23 20:44:17 INFO (RestrictionRelation): Turn
> > 	restriction http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/36150
> > 	(at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.33131&lon=-6.24412&zoom=17)
> > 	no_right_turn added - blocks routing to way 7988564
> >
> > However, other restrictions, such as this one, which is virtually
> > identical in form, doesn't show up in the logs at all and is definitely
> > not obeyed by my Garmin:
> > 	http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/65792
> >
> > Are there any known issues with reading relations, or does anyone have
> > suggestions how to figure what's happening with relations like the
> > second one?
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> I believe I have fixed the problem, it was just a run of the mill
> subtle bug.

Just checked the diff; not a chance I'd have found it after my first
week looking through the code :)

> Please try using version 1404 and let us know what happens.

A quick run shows all but three restrictions are now added, all three of
which have a way as a "via", which I know is unsupported (is that a
Garmin or mkgmap issue?). I'll try the Garmin out on the road and
confirm later today, but it's looking better already.

Many thanks!

Andrew