logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] same first expression for lines and polygons (style branch)

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Nov 6 17:01:48 GMT 2009

Torsten Leistikow wrote:
> Moin,
>
> I am using the style branch, so I don't know, whether this is also a
> problem for the main trunk.
>
> In my polygons file have a line like
>
> highway=pedestrian & area=yes [0x01 resolution 22]
>
> in my lines file I have a line like
>
> highway=pedestrian & area=!yes [0x02 resolution 22]
>
> With such a style, all the pedestrian lines without the area tag are
> missing in my map.
>
> If I change the polygon file to
>
> area=yes & highway=pedestrian [0x01 resolution 22]
>
> both the areas and the lines get into my maps.

that does look like the old bug of != that was not working correctly bug
got fixed (however probably too late for the style-branch fork). Still
there are issues with !.
For example & ( key!=value | key2!=value ) cannot be used (also tries
like & !(key=value | key=value) are not usable so only possible way is
to use & key!=value & key2!=value ...

Currently there is no possibility to get an object into both polygon and
line (even with the multiple garmin elements patch / "continue" )