logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] indexing stuff

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Nov 6 12:56:13 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Du Plessis, Bennie
<Bennie.DuPlessis at sappi.com> wrote:

> BTW I found a style file work around to increase routing distance.
>
> Where my map’s max was 1400km before I can now route up to 2200km, by simply
> upgrading the road-class of the major long distance connector roads.

Would you be so kind as to share with us what you exactly did here? ;-)

In terms of address search, I have used this successfully on my eTrex,
but so far only in my local region. I think getting this to work
depends on a lot of factors, such as your area, how you compile and
install the map, and how you transfer it to your device. Most likely
when this feature stabilizes, there will be better instructions on how
to use it.

Cheers.