logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway shields in label occasionally dropped

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Wed Nov 4 17:34:49 GMT 2009

Martin wrotes on /Wed Nov 4 16:44:01 GMT 2009

/Hi, Martin,
I'm sorry but i just startet with the osm-Data-styling-stuff. Before i
used only mp-format input. So, actually i can't really help you./
/
> I tried the same yesterday to generate a hiking route overlay for my garmin
> topo map (as I currently like to go hiking and add new routes here in
> western Germany) and also noticed that only very few routes show highway
> shields at all (mostly when they have very simple refs like "1" or "2").

It's possible that some are filtered by the Filter in
HighwaySymbolFilter.java. Eg. for single chars like "K" the shield will
be dropped.
Simply change in this "alpha_balance" part  "return value" to "return
prefix + value".
Then prefix dropping stops.
But this may cause some other trouble as Clinton explained.
Java also is totally new for me, but if i need some amusement, like
Clinton said, may be i will try to understand and enhance these part of
the filter. Actually i prefer having a cool beer in the pub.
> How do you deal with the problem of ways that are part of multiple routes?
> I would like to generate one line element for every route=hiking/foot
> relation that a way belongs to, but can't figure out how to do this.
> Currently, only one route is displayed for each segment.
> Will it work with [continue]? Extract every relation and its ways and nodes
> to a seperate .osm file using Osmosis (how?) and then process them all with
> mkgmap?
If two trails like e.g. X11 and X30 shares some ways, then it would be
enough if only an "X" is set for the shared parts.
So you have to check for each segement if its also part of another
relation and then create an special label which is then in the REF part
equal for both.
As i told above, am'i a newbie to this style stuff and can't give you
the information if its possible or even how to realize it.
May be these continue-patch can help.By the way: is it still only in the
style-branch or also in the trunk?

cheers

Gert