logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to use geonames-file option?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Nov 3 10:37:10 GMT 2009

Chris Miller wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> I've been away from splitter/mkgmap for a while so I may be wrong, but last
> I recall support for kml files was on the todo list for mkgmap but hadn't
> been implemented yet(?). If mkgmap does support kml files, perhaps it doesn't
> process the <description> tag correctly? What happens if you try running
> mkgmap with areas.list instead of a kml file?
>
> Chris

the information from the cities15000 is not added to areas.list,
therefore this does not help...

Maybe instead of adding kml support to mkgmap, splitter should output in
a format compatible to mkgmap using "-c"

Anyhow thanks for answering (and clearing up my question) that currently
this does not work automatically.