logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] help with --index

From Bennie du Plessis bennied008 at gmail.com on Tue Nov 3 10:31:00 GMT 2009

>Chris-Hein Lunkhusen schrieb:
>Ok, I retried with V1340 and use the same options like Felix
>i.e. --index and --location-autofill=1, now
>I can search in MS.
>
>I've send Felix' openmtbmap to the Nuvi 250, but this device
>is still asking for a State/Provinz and no search is possible

Hi Chris, et al

I tried OpenMtbMap Berlin - what a beautiful map!
I see it is created with  --index, and even have an option to switch it
off..

Interesting is that the State / Province field in MS is no longer greyed
out,
but address search on the GPS still requires State / Province and can't find
any.
Another interesting thing is that Garmin's original map for my area asks for
country when doing address search, then city, house number, street., Never
state / province.
That made me think that I corrupt my map's country data with --country-name
& --region-name.
So I tried without these options, but it has no effect, addess search, and
also intersection search, still asks for State / province and can't find it.

Did any one else with a Nuvi get address search to work on the GPS?
Chris, have you tried to upgrade your software version? Maybe it will help.
I don't want to do that, as I currently have the tracking facility on my
device,
and I know that Garmin removes it on SW updates.

Next I want to try OpenMtbMap SouthAfrica - at the moment it doesn't
download.

BennieD