logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Good news for Nakor!

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 2 15:44:59 GMT 2009

Felix Hartmann wrote:

> Mark Burton wrote:
>> Hi Felix,
>>

>> Makes routing over long distances no better, I am on some routes able
>> to get routed over 1 or 2 additional turns when using max nodes 250!
>
> I still achieve best results by simply setting max nodes to 250 (which
> I assume of being quite save, yet sufficient). As testmaps with
> streets longer than 260 points (using max 300) caused no probs, I am
> pretty sure problem lies somewhere else
Using your patch but setting the values to:
    private final int MAX_POINTS_IN_WAY = 300;
    private final int MAX_POINTS_IN_ARC = 200;

    private final int MAX_NODES_IN_WAY = 64;

Gave me the best results so far, is there any reason why
max_nodes_in_way is set to 16?
Increasing it to 64 really improved routing over long distances (by
about 2-3 additional turns).