logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Zero Length Arc Error again

From Andre Hinrichs andre.hinrichs at gmx.de on Mon Nov 2 15:11:36 GMT 2009

Hi!

Am Montag, den 02.11.2009, 13:49 +0100 schrieb Andre Hinrichs:
> Hi!
>
> I had also a case where there was a too long arc. Have lost the exact
> error massage because of too many "too many POIs in group" messages. It
> was some ferry route between France and Corsica.
>
> I've applied your patch and will try the compile again now (will take
> two hours).

The compile process is just ready and there were no 'zero length arc'
messages for the area I compiled. But the other message I mentioned
above remains and now I can give you the full text of it:

> SCHWERWIEGEND (RouteArc): Way Bastia-Savona (id 8068024) contains an arc whose length is too big to be encoded so the road will not be routable

I assume that especially ferry routes tend to be very long and mappers
should not be forced to split them up.

BTW, 'road' might be the wrong word here since there are no roads on
sea. How about 'way'?

Cheers
Andre