logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Good news for Nakor!

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Nov 2 15:05:47 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> I just tried a way with ~240 nodes (using max 300) and it routed
>> perfectly fine. I think we can actually safely incease this value....
>> max 80 did degrade routing over long distances (though I don't think
>> there are many ways with more than 200 nodes without intersection or
>> change in attributes (routing works without any probs on this testmap):
>> find attached map base as osm.
>>

> Yes, I know that many ways that have lots of points route perfectly OK
> so it's not the number of points per se that is causing the
> routing issue. However, restricting the number of points an arc can
> have does fix the routing issue that has been reported to me.
>
> So in the long term, we probably don't need to limit the number of
> points in an arc but until we know what the real issue is here, it's
> the only way of fixing a particular routing problem that someone is
> having with their map.
>
> You probably saw my reply to Chris just now, it contains a patch that
> should make a better job of limiting the number of points per arc.
> Could you be so kind as to try it out and report any goodness/badness?

Makes routing over long distances no better, I am on some routes able to
get routed over 1 or 2 additional turns when using max nodes 250!

I still achieve best results by simply setting max nodes to 250 (which I
assume of being quite save, yet sufficient). As testmaps with streets
longer than 260 points (using max 300) caused no probs, I am pretty sure
problem lies somewhere else