logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Zero Length Arc Error again

From Andre Hinrichs andre.hinrichs at gmx.de on Mon Nov 2 12:49:47 GMT 2009

Hi!

Am Montag, den 02.11.2009, 12:02 +0000 schrieb Mark Burton:
> Hi Chris,
>
> > Hi,
> > In V1340 my error file is no longer empty :
> >
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork): Road null (OSM id 24660945) contains zero
> > length arc
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork):
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=47.61462&lon=9.95615&zoom=17
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork): Road In den Weiden (50) (OSM id 25619933)
> > contains zero length arc
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork):
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.72200&lon=9.37569&zoom=17
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork): Road In den Weiden (50) (OSM id 41263850)
> > contains zero length arc
> > SCHWERWIEGEND (RoadNetwork):
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.72200&lon=9.37569&zoom=17
> >

> > I am using the --remove-short-arcs option.
>
> Yes, my recent change to MAX_POINTS_IN_WAY can introduce short arcs so
> I have been working on a more intelligent version. Please try the
> attached patch and tell me if the short arcs go away again.

I had also a case where there was a too long arc. Have lost the exact
error massage because of too many "too many POIs in group" messages. It
was some ferry route between France and Corsica.

I've applied your patch and will try the compile again now (will take
two hours). Meanwhile I've created a small patch which reduces the noise
of these "too many POIs in group" messages. If you find it useful, I
will be pleased...

Cheers
Andre