logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Sun Nov 1 09:52:44 GMT 2009

Charlie Ferrero wrote:

> Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  I have also had zero success in
> getting a white background.  I've tried setting both 0x4b and 0x4a
> polygons to white and neither has an effect.

In the TYP file for my topo map Germany I set 0x4b (Background coverage)
and 0x10d01 (Basemap coverage area) to white and it works fine on my
eTrex and in mapsource. Both have the lowest drawing level.

You can get the typ and the mkgmap style here:
http://www.kleineisel.de/blogs/index.php/osmmap/2009/09/17/how-to-make-a-topographic-map