logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Do we write the region and/or country index wrongly? Still not able to search addresses outside of current maptile on etrex vista hcx

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Fri Oct 30 22:10:42 GMT 2009

Gert Münzel wrotes on *on* /Fri Oct 30 20:34:29 GMT 2009/
> If i transfer the osm map together with an other map which contains also
> an index, address search dont'work.
> Together with a Metroguide only the metroguide index  works.
> Together with an other mkgmap map address search don't work for any of
> the maps.(e.g openmtbmap De + own mkgmap created trailmap)
>
> Address search works with multiple tiles out of a mapset (tested with 4
> tiles)

Sorry but i have to give some more additional information on this

> Together with an other mkgmap map address search don't work for any of
> the maps.(e.g openmtbmap De + own mkgmap created trailmap)

This seems to be related to my trailmap. No idea why.

Meanwhile i have also tested sending mtbmap Germany + mtbmapalps each
with 2 tiles.
The address searchs works, but only in the tile where you are actually
located. You can search in other tiles by moving your postion with gps
in off Satellite mode.
> Address search works with multiple tiles out of a mapset (tested with 4
> tiles)

see above. only in the tile where you are actually located.

cheers