logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] access=no on a cycleway doesn't work?

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Fri Oct 30 08:29:34 GMT 2009

2009/10/30 Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at googlemail.com>

> I rather see the problem if you use such rules in the style-file now that
> you don't know whether they will be used or not (maybe another rule is
> already matching on the same street), or do you want to use these rules to
> precede all others?
>
> access=no is generally a problematic case, very often it is in places where
> motorcar=no is correct, but people choose the wrong value.

Hi!

motorcar=no or motor_vehicle=no? The latter affects all motorised vehicles
and is what most real-world street signs are actually saying, at least here
in Germany.

It would be cool if mkgmap supported motor_vehicle=* and vehicle=*, which
includes also bicycles (if it doesn't already - last time I checked, it
didn't).

-Martin