logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea tiles problem

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Oct 28 09:06:03 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:54:09AM +0000, Toby Speight wrote:
> CG> Are there really inland seas using natural=shoreline instead of
> CG> natural=water?
>
> I've no idea - not in my region, I would think, but perhaps the Dead
> Sea?  Let's not worry about this for now!

I have come across to some large seas in Finland that have been drawn with
natural=coastline, as non-closed segments.  This makes sense if you think
of the lake Saimaa, for instance.  If we manage to get the sea polygons to
work for Finland ("the country of thousands of seas"), then anything should
be possible.

Best regards,

	Marko