logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea tiles problem

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Mon Oct 26 10:04:53 GMT 2009

0> In article <5175AA64-611C-44BB-AA72-DC87DBB3EB6E at googlemail.com>,
0> Clinton Gladstone <URL:mailto:clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> ("Clinton") wrote:

Clinton> I think this option [--generate-sea] still needs to be refined.
Clinton> I have downloaded coastline extracts and specially processed
Clinton> them (for a separate sea layer), and have had similar problems.
Clinton> The data I was working on did not need to be split, so I think
Clinton> you can rule the splitter out as being part of the problem.
Clinton>
Clinton> It seems that under certain circumstances the generate-sea
Clinton> option inverts land and sea.

Thanks.  I've not used osmosis before, but it appears it can extract the
coastline for separate processing, so I should be able to create smaller
extracts to experiment with.  Then I can look into the code myself.
(But not today; it's too nice to stay indoors!)