logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Does road segmentation influence routing?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Oct 26 07:50:34 GMT 2009

Hi Nakor,

> I was driving north on I-75 around
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.9038214683533&lon=-83.6452031135559&zoom=16and
> when I approached exit 109, my GPS indicated to stay on the left. This
> is a motorway with a motorway_link going out of it as usual and I was
> wondering why I ot that message? Would it be because the motorway is split
> by a bridge just one node south of the junction?

Had you specified the --adjust-turn-headings option? If not, please try
using it because that's one of the situations where it should be able
to help. I was getting similar instructions on UK motorways but with
that option enabled, they went away.

Cheers,

Mark