logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] U-turn restriction via way instead of node

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Oct 25 21:29:01 GMT 2009

I remember that this was discussed some weeks ago, but I cannot remember if
a final conclusion was reached.

Certain types of these U-turn restrictions can be rewritten as
only_straight_through.  For instance, the only_straight_through
relation on Itäkatu (southbound) also prevents a U-turn from
Itäkatu (southbound) via Kehä I (east) to Itäkatu (northbound):
at http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/32875

When ways have been split to opposing oneway lanes, a via node must
be replaced with a via way, like this:
However, mkgmap will not like it:

2009/10/25 21:53:00 WARNING (RestrictionRelation): Turn restriction 59928 (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=60.21242&lon=25.08756&zoom=17) 'via' member 4775828 is not a node

Can this kind of turn restrictions be represented in the Garmin format?

Best regards,

	Marko