logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway-symbol and name

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Sun Oct 25 18:28:35 GMT 2009

Hi, Clinton
> I strongly suspect that the MapSource display issue results from the
> "highway-symbol:hbox" part of the style, which inserts the graphical
> highway "shield" into the map. I have noted that other maps, produced
> by cgpsmapper, do not seem to have this limitation. It could be that
> we need to insert another "magic byte" into the name.

Yes, maps build with cgpsmapper don't have this limitation.
As i remember we're talking about it in this thread:
"[mkgmap-dev] Handling of Garmin magic label codes (highwayshields etc.)
differs from mp-format input to osm-format ?"
The way mkgmap handles label codes like "~[0x06]B58 ~[0x1f]Weseler
Strasse" differs if the input is in Mp-Format or in osm-Format.
You told me the trick to isert e.g. this "1F" as real hex value direct
into the lines style-file. This works, but indeed it would be better if
mkmap could also handle this type of labels if the data input is in
osm-format.

cheers
Gert