logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway-symbol and name

From Ralf Reimann ralrei at gmx.de on Sat Oct 24 14:30:43 BST 2009

Hello,

the style-file called "lines" contains something like this:
highway=secondary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval} ${name}' |
'${ref|highway-symbol:oval}' | '${name}' }

Can you explain me how this should work?
I would expect to see somewhere the name of the street, but in Mapsource you
can only see the ref of the street (as tooltip holding the mouse pointer
over the street). Also the etrex shows me routing information like "ref to
ref", but no street name.

I think in Germany it's a good idea to show routing information only as ref
for highway=motorway and highway=primary. I have never seen the ref for the
other streets like K39, L273 and so on at the road signs.

Thanks for helping.

Ralf