logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1304: Dead end road warning level can now be specified.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Oct 22 21:30:21 BST 2009

Hi Marko,

> I believe that report-dead-ends: 1 is issuing a bogus error with r1308 here:
>
> 2009/10/22 22:03:07 WARNING (RouteNode): Confluence of oneway roads (Laukaantie, 38626392), (637 Laukaantie, 38626390) at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=62.29304&lon=25.81349&zoom=17
>
> As far as I understand, the roundabout is a complete cycle, but the flare
> road on the south is not one v-shaped oneway, but two individual oneways.
> I don't think that it should complain, do you?

I don't think it's wrong either but that roundabout was edited by
someone this morning. Perhaps, they fixed a problem and your using
older data with mkgmap?

> I was about to commit some "short arc" fixes there, but I thought that it
> is better to leave the data alone until you can check it.

Thanks, that was a good idea.

> BTW, I had to look up the term "confluence".  Could it be replaced with
> more common words that non-native speakers could understand?  For instance,
> "only oneway roads leaving a point"?

Well, confluence is such a lovely word, succinct and its meaning is
perfect:

Main Entry: con·flu·ence
Pronunciation: \ˈkän-ˌflü-ən(t)s, kən-ˈ\
Function: noun
Date: 15th century

1 : a coming or flowing together, meeting, or gathering at one point <a happy confluence of weather and scenery>
2 a : the flowing together of two or more streams b : the place of meeting of two streams c : the combined stream formed by conjunction

Cheers,

Mark