logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible splitter bug

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Fri Oct 16 12:56:34 BST 2009

Felix Hartmann wrote:
> nope, you simply have not read instructions. If you include contourlines
> you have to use --mixed parameter.
I'm always eager to read instructions, but there's no mention of --mixed
on the splitter instruction page at
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/page/tile-splitter

Anyway...

I've also compiled other contour maps fine without using --mixed (though
in those cases I was using my own areas.list).

The --help output for splitter, on the subject of --mixed, says:
"Specify this if the input osm file has nodes, ways and relations
intermingled".  Should it actually say "Specify this if the input osm
file has nodes, ways and relations intermingled and you are not
providing your own areas definitions through the --split-file option"?

Charlie