logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Access Tags - is mkgmap also evaluating values other than no (e.g. delivery, destination, forestry, agricultural, permissive...)

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Oct 14 11:17:36 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>
> Thanks for spelling it out to me.

>> Well, if you said not only =no has an effect, what happens to
>> access=destination or access=private - AFAIK Garmin only accepts yes or
>> no, so which of the values (permissive, private, delivery...) is taken
>> for "no". Or put differently, which value other than "no" will block the
>> road for a given mode of transport?
>>

> At this time, "no" and "private" are considered the same.
>

>> I want that mkgmap takes no action in case of motorcar=no, or
>> motorcycle=no, and only set restrictions if: access=no/private & (
>> bicycle!=* foot!=*)  --- / bicycle=no/private --- / foot=no/private
>> (In order to use motorcar/motorcycle setting in GPS for
>> bicycling/walking because the respective profiles in the GPS are useless
>> for bicycle/foot autorouting. - Therefore I need mkgmap to drop any
>> restrictions that only apply to motor vehicles)
>>

> How about an option along the lines of
>
> --delete-tags="motorcar,motorcycle"
>
> that deletes the tags with the specified names?
>
> This would happen before the style rules are processed?
>
> That would be trivial to implement.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

It would be great to have --delete-tags="motorcar,motorcycle (private/no)"
Actually I'm a bit afraid of people putting access=no motorcar=forestry
but forgetting bicycle=yes or foot=yes.

What would best be --delete-tags"/resources/deletetags" and put all tags
with values into that file as a list like
motorcar=no
motorcar=private
motorcycle=no
motorcycle=private
emergency=no
...... and that list deletes all those tags before processing the
style-rules.