logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Anyone tried the arc tweezing patches?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Oct 14 00:55:46 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> I have received zero feedback on the recent arc tweezing patch. I
> believe that in its latest form (v4), it provides much improved
> routing instruction quality. In particular, it should give you fewer
> instructions to keep left/right or even turn left/right when you are
> continuing on a long road (like a motorway) that has various roads
> that branch off of it. So please do try it out if you can and report
> success/failure, etc.

I will try it out, I thought the patch was meant more for giving you
turn right/left instead of keep right/left instructions (thus increasing
the angle).

I would like to have the angle decreased (well not) instead of any
increases, will look into the patch again and try to understand it
better to see if it I can use it (in case that it works which I do
expect knowing the effects that angle has onto routing)....