logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap minor bug: TYP file is opened in readwrite mode

From Andre Hinrichs andre.hinrichs at gmx.de on Sat Oct 10 15:21:20 BST 2009

Hi List!

I just accidentally found an issue in mkgmap. When creating a
gmapsupp.img with a TYP file, mkgmap throws an exception if this file is
readonly. When the TYP file is writable, this exception is not thrown.
But I think, that mkgmap should never write to a TYP file, should it?

Here is, what current mkgmap (r1273) says if TYP file is write
protected:

> Exception in thread "main" uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.ReadFailedException: Couldnot open ANHI.TYP
> 	at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.FileImgChannel.<init>(FileImgChannel.java:43)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.addFile(GmapsuppBuilder.java:188)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.addAllFiles(GmapsuppBuilder.java:161)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.onFinish(GmapsuppBuilder.java:110)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.endOptions(Main.java:361)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader.readArgs(CommandArgsReader.java:124)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.main(Main.java:118)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ANHI.TYP (Permission denied)
> 	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
> 	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
> 	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:98)
> 	at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.FileImgChannel.<init>(FileImgChannel.java:41)
> 	... 6 more

This is only a minor bug, since no real write operations seem to be done
to the TYP file.

Regards
Andre