logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1269: Fix working out the name that belongs to a city and also

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Oct 9 23:53:24 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1269 was commited by steve on 2009-10-09 23:05:53 +0100 (Fri, 09 Oct 2009)
> BRANCH: mdr
>
> Fix working out the name that belongs to a city and also
> fetch the correct city for POIs that have an associated city.

The city seems to be more or less correct now. The state/county
information is still a bit on the weak side but a lot better. Strangely
Vorarlberg and Tirol are often replaced with "Hall" which is a city.
Maybe if unsure, addresses for several counties could be made up? This
way if something is wrongly placed the chance to still find it gets
bigger....

Also the "country" is sometimes AT and sometimes AUT. I noticed that
official garmin maps often have several records for the same country
(e.g. Austria AT; Austria AUT; Oesterreich) - maybe it is possible to
associate points/adresses with several countries or put up placeholders?
I am using the --country-name= option but it seems not to be used for
the index.

However - how are the cities determined?
Is this dependant on the POI stylefile? - If so please tell which 0x are
used - or put up some documentation in which file in the source this is
changeable.

As for compatibility with GPS - I last tested with 1268 on GPS and it
worked well - if I only sent one tile. When I sent whole of Austria I
had problems finding "streets" far away from current position, while the
street was found in Mapsource.

Hope my feedbacks contains something useful.