logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1262: Rework the city code.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Oct 8 15:26:28 BST 2009

On 08/10/09 14:32, Gert Münzel wrote:
>>> Steve Ratcliffe wortes on Thu Oct 8 13:10:07 BST 2009/
>
>>> /Anyway try 1268, as I don't have any problems transferring maps with
> />>/this version, even small ones where find doesn't work.
> /
>> Gert wrotes
>> Already done but without success.
>> What size we're talking about ? My mapfile in mp-format is 9MB (as osm ~45 MB). I also tried
>> one with 85 MB in mp-format, but this also fails.
>
> Update:
> Meanwhile i created the index for 4 tiles of the Germany map of openmtbmap.org and build a mapset
> out of this.
> Yeah, this mapset out of 4 img with 17-20MB each  i could successfully transfer to my 60csx.

Oh good!

Also I've had a crash with the geofabrik Berlin extract while
transferring, so there is a chance I may be able to fix it.  I see
some problems with 'Find' on most single map extracts, the smaller the
map is, the more problems there are.
Tiny maps that pretty much fit on to one sceen are about unusable
even searching for cities.

Regards,

..Steve